Sunday, November 23, 2008

Direct Mail made much easier, more cost-effective

Anyone who knows me, knows I love using the internet to do everything that the rest of us do without the internet. Although I don't do direct mail campaigns, there has been a resurgence in their popularity, precisely because of the online revolution, which can't compete with the good old fashioned printed word.
The problem with DM campaigns is that they are cost effective when it comes to postage, but very costLY when it comes to the labor and upfront costs involved in printing the mass mailing, customizing each mailing with an customer name, labeling the envelopes, stuffing the envelopes, sealing the envelopes, filling out the complicated pre-sorted postage forms, packaging each and every letter in USPS approved trays, lugging everything to the post office during business hours and then driving back only to find out that - oops, you forgot one of the 15 or 20 trays in the mailing.
Recounting the miseries so well because I have done this. I used to run a print shop for IKON office solutions at Missouri Valley College. And believe me when I say, doing a bulk (500 pieces or more) mailing is NO picnic. A nightmare is more like it.
Fortuntately, I have found an incredible solution. It's called www.click2mail.com Simply put, you create your mailing on your computer, and click2mail does the rest...So you can, well, rest instead of doing all the work just described above, and instead of investing in all the fancy equipment and consumables like ink.
In case you're wondering, I have absolutely no ties to click2mail whatsoever. I just found out about it today and think it's so cool, I just had to share!
How does this relate to cold calling? That easy. By sending out a DM campaign to the folks you plan to call, you are increasing the "temperature" (and therefore likelihood of success) of the call from cold to room temp!
Happy Selling!!! Stay warm!!!

No comments:

Intro to OpenID

OpenID Bootcamp Tutorial

From: daveman692, 4 months ago



Simon Willison and David Recordon's OpenID tutorial from O'Reilly's OSCON 07.

SlideShare Link